Captain Snarky

Come and get yer snark on with the captain...

My Photo
Name:

What does snarky mean anyway?

04 November 2005

From the 'Eye for an Eye' Department

I was just reading a piece on BoingBoing - one of my favorite blogs btw - describing how the Israelis are using sonic booms from their fighter jets as a weapon. Without a doubt this is hardball psychological warfare which must be terrifying for all exposed to it. I am particularly saddened by the effect it apparently has on children and pregnant women.

On the other hand, since the return of the Gaza Strip to Palestinian rule [link warning: need proprietary media players] there has been plenty of horrible behavior by the Palestinians in their own way. I am not saying one side is better than the other or that either side is justified in killing, just that both sides use horrific violence in their attempts to obtain their conflicting objectives.

I guess I was a dope for thinking that getting Gaza back would chill things out, at least for a little while. What is there to say at this point? To paraphrase a wise man, it sure looks like it's going to be eye for an eye until both sides are blind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home